1. Which of our BHGRE®P.A.I.G.E. (Passion, Authenticity, Inclusion, Growth, Excellence) core values do you identify with most, and why?
I identify most with Authenticity. I think that if you are authentic, all the other core values will fall into place.
Authenticity breeds Passion: It’s easy to become passionate about something if you can be authentic when practicing it.
It breeds Inclusion: If you are authentic, you will inspire others to be authentic as well. Authenticity is naturally attractive. As long as you are accepting of others’ authenticity, this will breed a culture of inclusion.
It breeds Growth: If you are authentic, this trait and its benefits will inspire you to improve upon things that you are truly interested in.
It breeds Excellence: When we are our authentic selves without judgement and with reasonable guidance, we are much more likely to achieve excellence. What’s more, we will be content with the excellence that we achieved if it came from a place of authenticity.
2. What are your favorite qualities in a customer?
Trust and humor! These qualities make for the best long-term relationships
3. What is the one characteristic that’s helped you the most in your career?
I have a unique skill set in music and theater that gives me a different perspective on most things. It’s also an easy conversation starter!
4. What was the last book you read?
The Culture Code by Dan Coyle. Strongly recommend!
5. If you were not in real estate, what would you be doing?
Probably just finishing up law school. I always had an interest in law and political science.
6. What was the last song you heard that you couldn’t stop humming?
Giant by Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man
7. Who is your real-life hero?
Probably my Grandpa Goering (Dad’s dad). He passed away years before I could really appreciate how much we had in common. He was actually a licensed agent (along with my grandma) but his primary business was in automobile sales.
8. What is your favorite motto?
Find a way to say “Yes.”
9. If you could sell a home in any market in the world, where would it be?
Right here in the Kansas City Metro! GREAT place to sell real estate, with a great BHGRE family and a great REALTOR family as a whole!
10. What advice would you give your younger self starting out in real estate?
Read more, sooner.