In today’s episode of the Be Better Podcast, Donald is joined again by the owner of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate® Blu Realty, John Darden. In this episode, the pair dive deeper into practical ways to integrate a successful mindset into your daily life for long-term growth.
Picture two agents:
- Imagine two realtors: Greg the Gleeful Agent and Mandy the Mad Agent:
- Greg faced challenging life situations that were out of his control. However, Greg remained uplifting because of the positive habits and routines he made in his life, and he took steps to become better.
- Mandy didn’t face hardship. However, she struggled to save money, invest, or build solid relationships. She lived in chaos and in a constant state of reaction because of her lack of proper habits.
- Both agents sold real estate and did well from a volume standpoint. However, Mandy’s poor habits resulted in her needing extra resources and time to accomplish the same output, whereas Greg positioned himself for success.
Two immediate routines to structure your life:
- Create a powerful and positive morning routine. Whether you’re a morning or night person, how you start your day dictates how productive you’ll be the rest of the day.
- The Empty Cup Syndrome – Most people try to pour into the world from an empty cup of their own life. That issue stems from waking up in reaction mode.
- Just as important is a solid night routine. Once you’ve poured from your cup throughout the day, you need to refill it by reflecting on the day and getting ready to sleep.
The final takeaway from this two-part series? When you create habits that set you up for success, the world full of opportunity is suddenly at your fingertips. Don’t take life for what it is; shape it into what you want.
Be Better Episode Resources:
- Connect and learn more from John on Instagram or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like, subscribe, and listen to the Be Better podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and anywhere else podcasts can be found.
You can help build a better world.
Help Better Homes and Gardens fight homelessness across the world by donating at bhgre.com/newstory. With a goal to raise $100,000 by the end of 2022, your contributions will go directly to supporting those affected and helping build a world with homes for everyone.
This episode is brought to you in part by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate.
Looking for a new role that allows you to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and have excellent income potential without the headache of starting a new business? Become an agent with Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, an American icon trusted in all things related to the home. Explore career options at bhgrecareer.com/.