The Be Better podcast is all about helping you find your path to success, whether that’s in real estate or any other career. Today’s episode is the first of a special two-part episode featuring the owner of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate® Blu Realty, John Darden. In this episode, John discusses the psychology of success and how anyone can integrate simple practices into their lives for long-term success in their chosen field.
Anyone can change their mindset to be successful.
- Your beliefs and mentality indicate your performance, whether in parenting, business, or anything else.
- You don’t have to be the smartest person in the room to have a success-driven mindset.
- Being positive and speaking words of life is important, but that’s just one piece of the puzzle.
Why are people challenged by framing success?
- Success and failure boil down to habits, and many people only have negative habits.
- A person with solid habits, whether in nutrition, athletics, exercise, parenting, business, or education performs better than those who don’t.
- Conversely, people with negative habits that draw them away from their goals are less successful.
Even people with a silver spoon have the habits to keep or lose their spoon.
- Luck isn’t real. It’s the intersection of hard work and opportunity. Life environment impacts your ability to build habits.
- For anyone who has experienced challenges, the life experiences that you didn’t choose are not your fault. It sucks.
- There are many people who have had to overcome hardships to be where they are today.
- We all arrive at the crossroads at some point. You can either choose to perpetuate what you saw in your life, or you can choose to change your legacy and path in life.
- Use those part experiences to mold and create better habits.
How to flip the switch and change your mindset.
- Every human being has every excuse in the world to be unsuccessful. It’s just that some people rise above those excuses and use them as a motivator to move forward
- There’s something that has to happen.
- Getting into real estate requires John to create his best version of himself. He has to level up as a human being.
- Getting into a commission-only friend, getting married, and having a kid all forced him to level up and be a better version of himself.
- His company has the idea of personal excellence, and the goal is to be slightly better than they were the day before.
Be Better Episode Resources:
- Connect and learn more from John on LinkedIn.
- Like, subscribe, and listen to the Be Better podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and anywhere else podcasts can be found.
You can help build a better world.
Help Better Homes and Gardens fight homelessness across the world by donating at bhgre.com/newstory. With a goal to raise $100,000 by the end of 2022, your contributions will go directly to supporting those affected and helping build a world with homes for everyone.
This episode is brought to you in part by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate.
Looking for a new role that allows you to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and have excellent income potential without the headache of starting a new business? Become an agent with Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, an American icon trusted in all things related to the home. Explore career options at bhgrecareer.com/.