Personal branding is the key to setting yourself up for personal and professional success. In today’s episode of the Be Better Podcast, Donald is joined by PR pro and owner of Media Maven, Christina Nicholson, to discuss the importance of personal branding, regardless of your industry.
No matter your business, everybody should build a brand.
- The brand you build makes people want to work with you, and it encourages the trust and rapport that makes deals move forward.
- If you go to any niche, industry, or city, you’ll find personal branding dictating purchases in that area and generating more leads. You can do the same!
Types of content that build brands:
- There are three types of media: your personal media and content (which you have absolute control over), advertising, and earned media.
- In terms of personal media, you should have a website as your homebase, with a blog to share specialty content. You can then repurpose that blog into social media.
- Give your audience value to make them want to see more. Add CTAs in everything, even if the CTA is just to like, comment, and follow.
- Podcasts are huge for building personal brands. The intent of someone listening to a podcast is more engagement-driven than scrolling on the phone.
Milestones to look for when making a personal brand.
- It’ll be different for everyone. If the goal is organic growth from an online blog, your KPIs could be tied to your Google Analytics.
- For a podcast host, it could be the number of downloads of show episodes.
- Ask yourself, “why do I want this?” Make sure your efforts and milestones support that goal.
Grab the low-hanging content fruit:
- Determine where you like being and where your audience is. Then, balance the two.
- Be consistent. Consider using a scheduler to post content to ensure you have consistent content for people to consume.
- Consider posting the same thing multiple times, because viewers see millions of things each day, and might need the reminder.
- Have branded images that show what you do. Don’t just take professional headshots (though they’re always good to have.) Have candid or action shots that demonstrate your personality.
Be Better Episode Resources:
- Follow Christina on Instagram, Facebook, and other social platforms at @christinaallday.
- Tune in to Christina’s own podcast, Become a Media Maven, on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or anywhere else podcasts can be found.
You can help build a better world.
Help Better Homes and Gardens fight homelessness across the world by donating at bhgre.com/newstory. With a goal to raise $100,000 by the end of 2022, your contributions will go directly to supporting those affected and helping build a world with homes for everyone.
This episode is brought to you in part by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate.
Looking for a new role that allows you to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and have excellent income potential without the headache of starting a new business? Become an agent with Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, an American icon trusted in all things related to the home. Explore career options at bhgrecareer.com/.