Wherever you go in the world, there is bound to be some degree of turmoil and negativity. So how do you stay motivated and inspired amidst it all? In today’s episode of the Be Better Podcast, Donald is joined by the CEO (Chief Energy Officer) of LLJR Enterprises, Larry Long Jr., to learn how he maintains positivity and works toward a better future.
Shaping a positive perspective:
- While Larry believes he was partially born positive, it still takes practice. His father grew up in Baltimore surrounded by danger, but he made it a point to be positive, a value he later instilled in Larry.
- It doesn’t matter your circumstance; you can create something with the right attitude and a fresh perspective.
- The limiting belief you tell yourself is often worse than it is. So don’t hold yourself back.
Finding your inner story:
- Don’t worry about setting realistic goals, because you inherently set limiting beliefs on the goals you set.
- Dream big, and then dream bigger. Then, write that dream down and take action to make it happen.
- Contextualize failures as moments of growth. Instead of letting those failures be points of negativity, figure out how to take the next best step.
- Have the perspective that you’ll live, learn, laugh, love, and enjoy the growth process.
The basics to staying consistent:
- You are what you consume. Take audit of the people around you; you want them to be people who push themselves to be better.
- If you aren’t giving your all in everything you do, ask yourself what you can do next.
- Larry’s three-minute challenge: Pick someone from your contact list and take three minutes to find something that will surprise and delight them. The goal isn’t to ask for something – it’s to bring happiness to the people around you.
Larry’s advice to his young self? Learn the power of persistence and perseverance; if you can learn their importance, you’ll set yourself up for long-term success.
Be Better Episode Resources:
- To contact Larry, connect with him on LinkedIn or visit larrylongjr.com.
- Read Larry’s book, “Jolt!,” available on Amazon.
- Like, subscribe, and listen to the Be Better podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and anywhere else podcasts can be found.
You can help build a better world.
Help Better Homes and Gardens fight homelessness across the world by donating at bhgre.com/newstory. With a goal to raise $100,000 by the end of 2022, your contributions will go directly to supporting those affected and helping build a world with homes for everyone.
This episode is brought to you in part by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate.
Looking for a new role that allows you to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and have excellent income potential without the headache of starting a new business? Become an agent with Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, an American icon trusted in all things related to the home. Explore career options at bhgrecareer.com/.