Pete King, of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Main Street Properties, is the latest to sit down and respond to our ’10 Questions’ series. He reveals which P.A.I.G.E. values he feels the closest to, as well as who his real-life hero is.
1. Which of our BHGRE® P.A.I.G.E. (Passion, Authenticity, Inclusion, Growth, Excellence) core values do you identify with most, and why?
Excellence. Excellence is my ultimate goal in
hopes it will reflect on all the other values.
I try to give my best to my customer, my fellow Realtor, my community,
my friends and my family. It all flows from there.
2. What are your favorite qualities in a customer?
Trust. I attempt to be the “expert” for them in order to develop their trust that I either have the answer, or know where to get the answer, to any question. I want to be their trusted partner when we finally sit at the closing table.
3. What is the one characteristic that’s helped you the most in your career?
Perseverance. Early on it established me in my market. When natural disasters and man-made catastrophes later hit our area, and could have derailed my real estate career, I was able to press on. I love this quote by Winston Churchill:
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense.”
4. What was the last book you read?
‘Hamilton’ by Ron Chernow. People probably think we are currently as divided as a country as ever in our history. If you read about the early days of our country, pre-Constitutional and thru Hamilton’s life, you will see incredible rancor and difference of opinion. Through it all, the American spirit and rule of law survived as it will today.
5. If you were not in real estate, what would you be doing?
Volunteer coordinator, probably for a church.
6. What was the last song you heard that you couldn’t stop humming?
Most likely a 1960’s hit, I listen to oldies
on the car radio.
7. Who is your real-life hero?
My sister, Wini Boyle. She is the most gracious, giving person I
have ever known, the true wind beneath my wings
8. What is your favorite motto?
I can do all things
through Him who strengthens me.
9. If you could sell a home in any market in the world, where would it be?
As cheesy as it sounds, I love selling real
estate in my Perdido Key/Pensacola market.
10. What advice would you give your younger self starting out in real estate?
Be prepared for the ups and downs, mentally, emotionally and financially, especially financially. Second, is to advertise. You are the brand… advertise the brand and keep it in front of your market.
Source: <a class="post-link" href="10 Questions with Pete King» target=»_blank»>Blog