In today’s episode of the Be Better Podcast, our host Donald Kelly continues his conversation with internet influencer Danny Peña to learn what work, skills, and content would help anyone become an influencer. For the full interview, check out our prior episode for part one!
Building a community is your largest obstacle:
- For Danny, guerilla marketing was a powerful and (at the time) unique tactic to generate buzz and inform people about the industry.
- Use your prior experiences and skills to fuse content generation with someone unique to you.
- Use the power of media, because it’s a powerful tool to inform more people beyond your scope of influence.
Danny’s advice to people looking to be an influencer or market their passion:
- Above all, be patient. You should master your craft before sharing it with the world.
- There are courses and learning platforms online that can help anyone learn how to create content with their phone.
- Explain to people why they should follow and engage with your content.
It is possible to make content creation your full-time job. If you have the patience and consistency to hone your craft, you’ll be able to achieve your goals. Don’t burn your bridges immediately – find opportunities to fuel your passion.
Be Better Episode Resources:
- Follow our guest, Danny Peña, on Instagram and YouTube
- Follow our host, Donald Kelly, on Instagram and Tik Tok.
- Like, subscribe, and listen to the Be Better podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and anywhere else podcasts can be found.
- Purchase Danny Loves Video Games on Amazon.
- Ruse – Nu Alkemi$t
- Sunny – AlterEgo
- 13 Out 1 In – Sam Barsh
- Asi Es – Matt Wigton
- Rowdy – Shane Becker
- Legends Never Die – Ghost Beatz
- No Lines – BRASKO
You can help build a better world.
Help Better Homes and Gardens fight homelessness across the world by donating at bhgre.com/newstory. With a goal to raise $100,000 by the end of 2022, your contributions will go directly to supporting those affected and helping build a world with homes for everyone.
This episode is brought to you in part by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate.
Looking for a new role that allows you to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and have excellent income potential without the headache of starting a new business? Become an agent with Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, an American icon trusted in all things related to the home. Explore career options at bhgrecareer.com/.