Working with your significant other can result in an exciting workplace. Josh and Sarah are a married real estate team located in Columbia, South Carolina. After the birth of their second child, Sarah decided to join the real estate industry, and her husband Josh helped accomplish her goal. In today’s episode of the Be Better Podcast, they discuss how to create wealth as a team.
The secret of working with family:
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses. Sarah and Josh pair their strengths together to deliver the best results.
- Because they have defined duties and responsibilities, staying in those defined roles prevents conflict and focuses their efforts on what they do best.
- When differences arise, they regroup to focus on the bigger picture. At the end of the day, they work together towards a common goal.
Creating wealth with real estate:
- Real estate is a great space to build generational wealth, whether in sales or to invest.
- The traditional college pipeline is not the only route to wealth. With real estate, there is no ceiling; however hard you work is what you’re going to make.
- Last year, Sarah started her real estate team. To them, moving beyond a family business and adding team members was a huge responsibility.
- There are more systems, more technicalities, and the knowledge that their employees’ livelihood depends on the business is a challenge.
The Bennett’s marketing philosophy:
- Marketing has dramatically changed over the years, and it will continue to do so. Being adaptable in your efforts will help create a sustainable strategy.
- Social media is a powerful marketing tactic for realtors. They predominantly use Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube, with Instagram being where they generate the most engagement.
- When it comes to content, don’t be boring. They try to take their life and make it interesting, using everyday opportunities as a time for content.
Sarah’s advice for her younger self? Hone in on the one thing you want to excel at, and keep working to make it happen. Josh’s advice is to marry Sarah, which might be difficult for you to implement in your own life. Regardless, we love the sentiment.
Be Better Episode Resources:
- Visit teamsarah.com to view their real estate website.
- Follow them on Instagram at @bennettjoshua and @sarahbennettrealtor
- Like, subscribe, and listen to the Be Better podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and anywhere else podcasts can be found.
You can help build a better world.
Help Better Homes and Gardens fight homelessness across the world by donating at bhgre.com/newstory. With a goal to raise $100,000 by the end of 2022, your contributions will go directly to supporting those affected and helping build a world with homes for everyone.
This episode is brought to you in part by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate.
Looking for a new role that allows you to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and have excellent income potential without the headache of starting a new business? Become an agent with Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, an American icon trusted in all things related to the home. Explore career options at bhgrecareer.com/.