Jorge is a REALTOR® with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Elevate in El Paso, Texas.
1. Which of our BHGRE® P.A.I.G.E. (Passion, Authenticity, Inclusion, Growth, Excellence) core values do you identify with most, and why?
I will have to say that there is a tie between two of the core values I identify most with. Passion and Excellence are both highly valued in what I do every day, primarily because these are values which can become tangible in the process of assisting a client with real estate. Clients appreciate service which goes beyond expectations. It is something they will remember forever.
2. What are your favorite qualities in a customer?
A customer who is attentive to detail, interested in working together for a common goal and motivated to follow the journey to make dreams happen.
3. What is the one characteristic that’s helped you the most in your career?
All my life I had been told that I am a very charismatic person. It is not difficult for me to go up to strangers and start up a conversation. I dearly enjoy being around people and engage to learn and grow.
4. What was the last book you read?
The last book I read was “Chatter” by Ethan Kross. One of the most important things to do as human beings to support our mental health is to control the inner voices. This book has excellent insight and technique as to how to accomplish this.
5. If you were not in real estate, what would you be doing?
I love sports. I actually have a degree in kinesiology or sports medicine. I believe that I would be either a Football coach or sports trainer for a team.
6. What was the last song you heard that you couldn’t stop humming?
It’s a beautiful Day by U2. Love that song.
7. Who is your real-life hero?
My brother, Javier Najera, who is an Allstate agent and mortician in the metroplex area in Dallas. We are only four years apart and he has provided so much inspiration on how to handle life when it hits you square in the face.
8. What is your favorite motto?
With every problem, comes an opportunity.
9. If you could sell a home in any market in the world, where would it be?
10. What advice would you give your younger self starting out in real estate?
There is always a team working together to assist you with a client, who each have their own responsibilities. Allow every person to do their job and watch it come together. Patience! Patience! Patience!